Getting The Mummy Tummy Makeover in West Midlands
Childbirth is a wondrous thing. Women are able to create another life within their own bodies and would do anything to protect the little one growing within. However after ten months of sacrificing your own body, you owe it to yourself to get back to your natural shape – or even better.
While a good exercise regimen and a healthy diet can certainly improve the look of the baby bump, it is not always enough to restore mum to her pre-baby physique. Pregnancy can cause a whole slew of body changes due to hormonal changes and weight gain.
Common Body Changes Caused By Pregnancy
- Fat Deposits: The most visible of changes, fat deposits are very common after childbirth. Muscles weaken due to the new shape the body takes on during pregnancy. This most often occurs in the abdomen, creating a prominent paunch, but can also form in the hips, thighs, and arms.
- Skin Laxity: Through repetitive stretching and recoiling the skin looses elasticity and takes on a loose, sagging appearance. This is particularly common for mums who have birthed multiple children.
- Stretch Marks: Stretch marks are very common for mums and can have a red or silver color. They occur when the elastic fibers deep within the tissue break due to the rapidly growing belly.
- Thread Veins: Thread veins are unsightly fine blood vessels that can appear in the legs or face. The red or purple veins are often brought on by hormonal fluctuations during pregnancy.
- Pigment Discoloration: Hormonal shifts during pregnancy can cause pigment discoloration throughout the body, including in the face.
Getting A Mummy Tummy Makeover
Issues can be treated individually or as a combination procedure to improve the patient’s overall appearance at once. Patients will meet with Dr. Sagoo of Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic to discuss their particular case and what procedures would be best for them.
Liposuction and body contouring techniques may be used to treat excess fat deposits and create a more slim appearance. Dr. Sagoo is one of the first doctors in the Midlands to offer BodyTite liposuction. Results will often be seen immediately but are usually most noticeable after 6-12 weeks. Laser skin tightening may promote collagen production and improve the elasticity of the skin.
Based on the patient’s individual case, skin resurfacing techniques will vary. Dr. Sagoo will find which procedures work best. Non-invasive laser therapy may be used to treat any pigment discoloration in the skin’s appearance, and may also help with some stretch mark discoloration. For more aggressive stretch marks, carbon dioxide resurfacing may be suggested. Laser leg vein therapy, one of Dr. Sagoo’s specialties, may remove thread veins.
If you are interested in a mummy tummy makeover in West Midlands, contact Dr. Sagoo of Soluhull Medical Cosmetic Clinic today. Our highly trained staff will be able answer your questions and schedule you for an in depth consultation. Mums are constantly making sacrifices for their children and it’s time they did something for themselves. Don’t hesitate – contact us today!