UPDATE NOTICE TO OUR PATIENTS
We have finally been given clarification on when we can reopen, and will soon be contacting our patients to make their new appointments. The opening of the clinic is planned for 6th July 2020 There are still issues to finalise before we can reopen safely, and we ask that you bear with us during this period.
Aside from Regulatory and Government guidance, there has been a delay to us being able to open so that measures could be put in place to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff. During the lockdown, we have been working tirelessly to develop new protocols to add to our already high standards of infection prevention control, to reduce the time needed for you to spend in the clinic,and to try and maintain social distancing between patients.
Once we reopen, we will be prioritising appointments to those patients that were part of the way through existing treatment. Patients with routine appointments that were cancelled, will then be contacted and we can plan to make up for any missed appointments that you may have had. We shall contact you before your appointment to advise about not attending if you have any of the covid 19 symptoms including cough and or temperature.
We would like to give you the reassurance that you can feel safe that we are doing everything we can to make sure that you do not need to worry about your visit. We have implemented certain changes within the practice, so your experience will differ from what it was before:
- There is shall hand sanitising as soon as you enter the building
- Your temperature will be taken on arrival using a contactless thermometer
- New cleaning and disinfection protocols has been set up
- Staff may be wearing more PPE than usual
- Only patients with pre-arranged appointments will be allowed onto the premises
- We will encourage only the individual with the appointment enter the building
- Only 2 patients at a time allowed in to the clinic .
- We may ask you to wait in your car before calling you into the building
- We may take payments and make further appointments in the treatment rooms
- We will contact you a few days before your appointment to ask questions about your health, and ask you to update your personal and medical details
- There will be minimal use of toilet and refreshments .
- All make up removed prior to visits
- Unfortunately, we will no longer be able to accept payments by cheque encouraging contactless payments where possible, using virtual card terminals.
Once again, thank you for your loyalty over these difficult past few weeks. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Kind regards, and continue to stay safe.
Dr Victor Sagoo and team Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic