Acne Scar Specialists
Dr Sagoo and his team at Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic are leading Acne Scar Specialist experts in the UK. Utilising top-of-the-range technology, equipment, and techniques, they help people suffering from acne from across the UK.
To a certain extent, acne affects approximately 95% of the UK population, aged 11-30 years old. Though many people will eventually grow out of their symptoms, acne can persist into adulthood and affects up to 3% of the adult population. In the current UK population, that accounts for over 2 million people.
What Causes Acne Scarring?
Acne scarring occurs when your skin becomes inflamed by the acne, during which your skin tissue is destroyed. Your body will naturally try to heal the skin as it is damaged causing a reaction called fibrosis.
Fibrosis changes the surface texture of the skin, making it either thinner (also called atrophic) or thicker (also called hypertrophic) as opposed to regular skin.
Any scarring can have a permanent effect on your skin. It is, therefore, crucial to receive treatment for acne scarring early. Ideally, before any scar formation or discolouration occurs.
The Types of Acne Scarring:
Rolling scars present as depressed scars that have gently sloping edges. These are often shallow and very wide. They are formed by damage occurring under the skin.
Ice Pick Scarring
As their name suggests, these scars look like the skin has been pierced by an ice pick or sharp instruments. These often form after the skin has been infected by a cyst or similar inflamed skin tissue.
These scars often resemble the scars left by chickenpox and are box-shaped/angular. You will most likely find these on your cheeks and temples.
Post-Inflammatory Pigmentation Scars
Post-Inflammatory pigmentation scarring, or PIH, is the medical phrase used to describe the discolouration that occurs after an inflammatory wound. This scarring is most common in Asian and darker-pigmented skin. It can come in any colour from white, pink, red, purple, brown, or black depending on your skin tone.
This refers to the loss of pigmentation that occurs once the skin of darker-pigmented individuals has healed. This will often turn pale at the site of the healed acne.
Keloid scars are a type of raised scar that can occur any time your skin heals after damage. These scars can grow to become far larger than the original injury as the scar tissue continuously forms under the original scar tissue.
Why Choose Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic as Your Acne Scar Specialists?
Our team at Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic can boast a selection of 11 different first-rate treatments. Some of these utilise our 6 different world-class ablative and non-ablative laser treatments.
Our fantastic treatments, alongside the hard work, dedication, and skill of our entire team, have led to us becoming one of the leading acne scar specialists in the UK. Due to this, we treat hundreds of new acne scar patients from across the UK every year.
Our Treatments include:
- Topical Therapy with a mix of creams and medication ideally suited for pigmented scarring.
- Radiofrequency micro-needling, ideally suited for rolling or box scarring.
- TCA cross treatments for ice pick and narrow box scars.
- Medical grade subcision. These are extremely specialist, as such, they are only carried out by Dr Sagoo.
- Hyaluronic acid Fillers for depressed rolling or box scars, combined with a subcision.
- Punch excision for deep box or ice pick scars.
- CO2 Laser resurfacing, which is utilised to enhance skin texture and improve the appearance of box and rolling scars.
- Laser Redness Reduction uses medically intense pulses of light for red acne scarring.
- Laser genesis improves pore size and the surface texture of any acne scarring.
- Steroid injections reduce keloid and inflamed acne scarring from cysts.
- Plasma-rich protein, or PRP, boosts skin healing and skin regeneration after acne. This helps to prevent scarring from occurring.
Dr Sagoo’s Specialist Combination Acne Treatments
Dr Sagoo is a specialist in combining the right acne scarring treatments to receive the best results for your situation. With over 15 years of in-depth experience, Dr Sagoo has a wide variety of treatments that he can tailor to suit your needs. He may utilise one, two, or even four different treatments to achieve an overall improvement from the first session in some cases.
Speak to one of our team members today to discuss the options that can best suit you. With so many treatment options, talented staff, years of experience, and state-of-the-art equipment, it is no surprise that Dr Sagoo and Solihull Medical Cosmetic Clinic are one of the best leading clinics in the UK to offer acne scar specialist treatments.